Saturday, May 27, 2006

Day 11

I tried to cover the fact that I was coming in late due to an untimely debriefing by walking in on the heels of the 18 year old.
I think P.J. was more annoyed than suspicious.

Having missed the first part of the lecture, I had to piece together what was going on. From what I could make out she was taking us systematically through the book, start to finish, and pointing out things she thought were interesting and could guide us in our quest for a paper topic.1

Our assignment is to finish the book and begin work on our paper.2 Despite the openness she has fostered in our discussions, she cautioned us to adhere to one idea and one reading of the text as we begin to indite them.

The memorial day break will give me a chance to familiarize myself with the text and orient myself towards the English major ideas espoused in class.

NOTES:
1- We made it about half-way through before I realized class was over and I was once again down to the wire and racing to elude the paid assassins who continually pursue me.
2- Once again I find my mettle being tested. No half-page of half-baked ideas will suffice here. No colorful mobile will distract her from a lack of content. A legitimate 4-5 page paper ("I prefer longer."), my first as an English major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home