Thursday, May 25, 2006

Day 10

Today we were informed that rather than a literary history course, as we had assumed, we had actually enrolled in a course on remarkable women.
It's not that I mind, I just didn't come here to sort out mutinous professors defying the department for their own agenda.
I could do that, but it wasn't my original intent.

Marie de France. The lover of love. It didn't take me too long to read it, but, what with making arrangements for a reconnaissance mission to Italy, sorting out the details of collusion gone bad and... napping, I didn't get into bed until 3:30, which left me a good three hours of sleep.1

Our new voice is boosting the camaraderie on my side of the room. Not to mention the linguistic tangent of today. Smiles and headshakes all around. I'm growing a fondness for the fauxhawk in front of me.2 He got quite a kick out of many comments today and turned to find someone to share it with. I couldn't make out who he was trying to alert, if anyone.

The old English major was late today. Traffic? She was very sorry to have missed the tangent; I apologized for not having taken notes.

Chaucer next week and then an exam.3

NOTES:
1- The rigors of my day job.
2- Not of the hairstyle (shiver) but of the wearer.
3- My first real test. If I can pass an exam, I may be able to cut it out here. If not, I may be in over my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home