Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 4

My decision to type my assignment at the last minute turned out to be a good one, even though the line at the printer in the lab made me late.
I'm not in line with the English major mentality. Not that in general I would care, but I don't want to be marked from the beginning as an outsider. Everyone was commenting on the personal connection and the definitions of 'classic' and 'truth'. I commented on the scientific method.
I tried to make it tie-in to cover my tracks, and, indeed, Ken the older English major liked my point. But everyone else just paused and moved on. Luckily, Sean the 18 year old made the biggest scene by never shutting up and "rankling" some people so hopefully no one will remember my original thinking.
P.J. (as we have been instructed to call our professor) switched from 'fun' to 'pleasure' and 'pleasureable' to describe the class and the je ne sais quois of English majordom.
"there has to be something in your brain... it's like a game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home