Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Day 8

More Beowulf. The whispering girl came up to me during the break and said something about falling asleep.1 Then she went off on a tirade about religion and how people should not force their beliefs on her because she's not Christian, "I'm not either." piped up the girl behind me, which garnered a high five. We talked about how long the class was and how her "anthro" class never went longer than an hour and a half.

A new voice is emerging. I can't see her because she sits in the far front corner, but she has an accent. She was a large part of the discussion today. Then there's the liberal girls, the conservative big guys in the back and the Christian hippy older English major. A few others make scattered comments.2

NOTES:
1- I was NOT asleep. She was bragging about how she had pulled her hair in front of her eyes so D...Professor Matheson wouldn't be able to tell. I did close my eyes for effect a few times, you don't want to seem too interested, unless you're a discussion dominator, which, in my efforts to remain incognito, I avoid, but I wasn't asleep. I have to stay on my toes.
2- I have not commented as yet. That must soon be rectified. I'll work on something for Marie de France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home